China-U.S. High-level Consultation on People-to-People Exchange Study-in-China Scholarship - Degree Programs
For the purpose of encouraging and supporting students from U.S. to study in China, Chinese Ministry of Education entrusts BLCU to boost the “China-U.S. High-level Consultation on People-to-People Exchange Study-in-China Scholarship” program. Students from U.S. interested in undergraduate/post-graduate/doctoral degree programs can submit applications to BLCU directly.
1. Applicants shall be in good health and have U.S. nationality.
2. Not a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or it has been at least one year aftergraduation from Chinese universities.
3. Education background and age limit,
·be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs,
·be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs,
·be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
II. Scholarship Coverage
Degree program will provide students with full scholarship, including:
1. A fee waiver of registration, tuition, on-campus dormitory and medical insurance.
2. A living allowance at the following rates (per month),
Undergraduates: CNY 2,500;
Master’s students: CNY 3,000;
Doctoral students: CNY 3,500.
III. Program Options
·B.A. (4-year program)
http://admission.blcu.edu.cn/en/43/list.htm (only programs related to Chinese are open to apply)
·M.A. (2 or 3-year program)
http://admission.blcu.edu.cn/en/60/list.htm (only programs related to Chinese are open to apply)
·Ph.D. (2 or 3-year program)
http://admission.blcu.edu.cn/en/61/list.htm (only programs related to Chinese are open to apply)
IV. Language of Instruction and Preparatory Education (Chinese language training)
1. Students with valid HSK level 4 certificate can apply for preparatory course exemption if they choose the Chinese Language and Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages Programs which are only for international students.
Students with valid HSK level 5 certificate can apply for preparatory course exemption if they apply the programs that are for both Chinese and international students. Otherwise, students are required to join the one-year preparatory course.
2. Graduate and PhD programs are all instructed in Chinese. Graduate applicants should have HSK level 5 certificate, and PhD applicants should have HSK level 6 certificate. Students should take 1-2 years preparatory courses before they meet the requirement of the demanded Chinese level.
3. Students who apply for graduate program of International Politics (International economics direction) which is instructed in English do not need to provide HSK test result.
Ⅴ.Duration of Scholarship
1. Duration of preparatory course is 1 year for undergraduate program, 1-2 year for graduate and PhD program.
2. Duration of undergraduate program is 4 years.
3. Duration of graduate and PhD programs are all 3 years. English-taught program is 2 years.
Ⅶ. Application Procedure and Deadline
Application has been open since the release of this introduction. Application should be made directly to the International Admissions Department at BLCU before April 8, 2019. Required application materials are,
Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): on-campus students can submit registration letter as replacement. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations
4. Two letters of recommendation: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
6. A photocopy of the ID of the applicant's emergency contact (can be a passport, license, or other official ID of Chinese citizen or FOREIGNER).
7. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English, the examination result is valid for only 6 months.
8. Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
※Applicants for graduate and PhD program should submit a Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English.(A minimum of 800 words for graduate applicants, and 1500 words for PhD applicants)
Note: Whether accept or not, no application documents will be returned.
VII. Contact Information
Address: International Admissions Department
NO.15 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Telephone: 0086-10-82303086 82303951 82303089