International Economics and Trade (English instruction)
Duration: 4 years
Tuition fee: 24,900 RMB/year
|Applicants for the full-time curriculum of this program will need a secondary school or high school certificate. Education should normally consist of a minimum of 12 years of study. You will need to present transcripts from your graduation diploma or certificate, and any graduation exam results（Academic Transcripts.|
IELTS 5.5 or above/TOEFL (iBT) 527 /TOEFL (paper-based test) 197 or above
|Each class has no fewer than 12 students. Exchange students may take courses of this program for one academic year. Language requirements for exchange students are the same as those for full-time students.|
|Provided with the distinguishing multi-lingual and multi-cultural environment in BLCU, students of this program will undergo four years’ systematic education under the guidance of IBS’s characteristic ''Specialty plus English” principle. We aim to educate students to become highly skilled in English, besides having sufficient knowledge about economics, management and law, being familiar with the current trends and practice of international business and trade, knowing about the economic condition and relevant policies and regulations of China’s main target countries of business and trade. Students are expected to be capable of working with department of foreign economics and trades, foreign enterprises and government agencies, or taking other jobs engaged in international trade and international operations and management activities. They can also choose to lead an academic career promoting the study of international trade policy. In sum, our goal of education is to foster business talents with internationalized mindsets, of multiple strengths, and applicable to the current international business and trade field.|
Having had this program, students are supposed to be able:
1. To well understand the fundamental theories and knowledge of economics, management and international trade, and know about the latest theory and development of the field;
2. To gain a comprehensive understanding of the policy background and policy making of international trade, and be able to use both qualitative and quantitative methods to conduct scientific evaluations about the influences of international trade policies and regulations of different countries;
3. To be familiar with the customs and rules of international trade practice, and be highly skilled regarding practical operations;
4. To attain proficiency in the use of English in terms of acquisition of professional information and business communication in both spoken and written formats;
5. To have a global vision, an innovative spirit, a collaborative character and all-round humanistic qualities.
|Core Courses: Principles of Economics, Principles of Accounting, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Public Finance, Money and Banking, Principles of Management, Statistics for Business, International Trade Theories and Policies, International Trade Practices, and International Finance.|
Supply Chain Management, International Marketing, International Cultural Trade, Multinational Corporation, International Business Negotiation, International Business Writing, International Business Law, International Trade Payment and Finance, Global Logistics Management, and Principles of Insurance.
Elective Courses: Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Personal Finance, Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Transfer, Foreign Trade Documentation, Investment, Project Management, Corporate Strategy and Risk Management, Corporate Finance.
In order to earn a Bachelor degree (in economics) issued by Beijing Language and Culture University, a formally registered student must complete the curriculum of the program, obtain sufficient credits, and pass the thesis oral defense within the allowed years of study.
We sincerely welcome applicants from all over the world to join the undergraduate program in International Economics and Trade.