Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by MOE to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. At present, a total of 221 Chinese universities are designated to undertake this program.
Beijing Language and Culture University is one of the universities that participates in this program, applicants can apply through BLCU.
Program Categories, Duration and Language of Instruction
1. This scholarship only supports graduate programs. Scholarship duration is two to three years for master’s programs and three to four years for doctoral programs.
2. Most programs in Chinese universities are instructed in Chinese. Certain programs offer English-taught.
3. The scholarship duration specified in the Admission Letter, covering major study and Chinese language study, cannot be extended in general.
Application Receiving Agency and Deadline
2. Recommended candidates must finish the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students. Please go to http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/noticeen.html or http://www.campuschina.org/indexen.aspx and click Application Online for International Students, complete the required information, submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print a hard copy.
3. A package of complete application documents (Please check Application Documentsfor the detailed checklist.) must be submitted to the designated Chinese universities before the deadline.
Please NOTE CSC does not accept any individual application other than the recommended applications from the designated Chinese universities. Applicants should consult the designated Chinese universities for the instructions of the CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
Application Documents (in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English）.
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
6. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
7. Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
8. Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate) and sent directly to the designated Chinese universities, who will forward the nominated documents to CSC before April 30th. No application documents will be returned.
Approval and Notification
2. Nominated candidates will be officially awarded Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
3. Each individual applicant is eligible for only one scholarship. CSC is authorized to award only one scholarship to each individual applicant nominated by more than one university.
4. CSC will send, before June 30th, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) of the approved applicants to the host universities, who will forward the documents to the scholarship winners.
5. Students are not permitted, in general, to apply to change their specialties, host universities or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Letteronce they agree to accept the scholarship.
6. If applicants fail to register before the deadline for registration, their scholarship will not be reserved.