Relying on the unique and multinational background of Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU), School of International Business of BLCU offers bachelor degree program of International Economics and Trade for international students. After four years’ study under Professional plus English system, students shall be competent in analyzing and solving international economic and financial problems as well as have a good command of English in listening, speaking, reading, writing and translating. The program trains students to get well informed with and be able to analyze trade and economic matters with a global vision.Through lectures and hands-on training, students will receive and learn knowledge relating to economics and management. The students could master the law of development of contemporary international trade, access to international trade practices, understand the socio-economic policies and regulations of major trading partner countries and regions. Graduates shall be able to find job inbusiness enterprises and government including government agencies.
Awarded Degree: Bachelor Degree of Economics
Course Length: 4 years
IELTS 5.5 or TOFEL 80
If students whose English level is not qualified, they need to take the English Preparation Course (48 credits), about details please see the Table 3.
Starting Time: September
A variety of assessment methods are used including traditional examinations, essays, written reports, in-class tests and case study presentations.
Faculty: School of International Business.
Class Capacity: 12 students minimum.
Candidates are required to pas a comprehensive appraisal, obtain 110 credits, write a thesis and succeed in the final defense of thesis.
Degree-granting or certificate:
Please see Beijing Language and Culture University Degree conferred in the implementation details.
- Grasp of economics, management, international trade basic theory and basic knowledge and understanding of the theory and cutting-edge developments in the discipline;
- Master international trade policy background, policy measures, be able to use qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate the impact of science and countries in international trade policy measures;
- Familiar with international trade practices and rules, master the skills of international trade practice operations;
- Good English proficiency in the use of information and access to professional written and oral business communication;
- Have a global vision, innovation, team spirit and good human qualities.