Application Guide for “Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program” of Beijing Language and Culture University in 2022
I. Application Eligibility
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. Applicants must be students out of China (overseas students studying in China for the first time or graduates of Chinese universities after being out of China for at least one academic year are eligible).
3. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 years old when applying for the master’s programs;
4. Applicants who apply for the joint training program majoring in their native languages or the languages and literatures in English, French as well as any other third language are not eligible.
5. Other kinds of Chinese Government Scholarships are not obtained at the same time.
II. Scholarship Coverage and Standards
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and stipend (3,000 RMB/month for master's degree).
Applicable Postgraduate Majors:
1. English-Chinese Translation
2. English-Chinese Interpreting
3. Russian-Chinese Translation
4. Japanese-Chinese Translation
5. Japanese-Chinese Interpreting
6. French-Chinese Translation
7. French-Chinese Interpreting
8. German-Chinese Translation
9. Korean-Chinese Translation
10. Korean-Chinese Interpreting
11. Spanish-Chinese Translation
12. Arabic-Chinese Translation
13. Arabic-Chinese Interpreting
III. Application Procedure
1. Log in “CGS Information Management System for International Students” (after entering into http://www.campuschina.org, click “Application Online”), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, print a hard copy, and upload all the application documents. (Study Abroad Program category: B, Agency Number of Beijing Language and Culture University is 10032).
2. Log in the Online Application System for International Students of BLCU, and submit online application at http://lxs.blcu.edu.cn/StusSystem/login.do?text=cn, and then upload all the application documents and the completed electronic version of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
3. All the application documents should be submitted online by April 30, 2022. Applications will not be considered after the deadline.
4. After receiving all the application documents, BLCU will review each applicant’s documents in detail and organize a telephone or remote interview for those applicants who pass the verification of the first round. Please make sure that the phone number on the application form works and the email address is correct.
5. Applicants who pass the verification of the application for admission will be selected as candidates for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program and be nominated to China Scholarship Council for the final evaluation.
6. Please check the final evaluation results through personal account on the official website of China Scholarship Council or BLCU. It will take a long time to review all the application documents. Please be patient.
7. Applicants who pass the verification of the application for admission of BLCU but are not qualified for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program can directly pursue self-financed study in BLCU or apply for the Beijing International Students scholarship.
IV. Online Application Documents
Note: Incomplete application documents will not be processed and BLCU has the right to require applicants to provide any other supplementary materials.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
2. Online Application Form for BLCU;
3. Copy of the applicant’s passport;
4. The official degree certificate of the highest education and academic transcript:
a. Applicants applying for the master’s programs should submit one piece of original transcript of all undergraduate courses and notarized certificate of Bachelor Degree. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
* Prospective diploma recipients must submit original pre-graduation letter issued by their current school to prove the current student status and expected graduation date. Once admitted, applicants must resubmit the graduation certificate and degree certificate before registration. If the documents required cannot be provided on schedule, the admission qualification will be canceled.
5. Certificate of HSK:
a. The Master’s Degree Scholarship applicants should submit a score report of HSK level 5 with a minimum component score of 60 for translation program, a score report of HSK level 6 with a minimum component score of 60 for interpreting program.
6. Applicants applying for the major of translation or interpretation should provide the score reports of corresponding language tests. Please refer to http://admission.blcu.edu.cn/63/list.htm for details.
7. A Study Plan (written in Chinese, its content includes resume, Chinese language competence, studying experience, previous research achievements, research proposal for prospective master program, employment goals after graduation, etc. This should be a minimum of 800 words for postgraduate program applicants).
8. Two Recommendation Letters. All applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors specialized in the applying major, written in Chinese or English without fixed format. Please attach valid contact information of corresponding professors.
9. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). The original copy will be kept by applicants and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org. The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. A copy of the receipt of the application fee. The registration fee is 800 RMB, which can be paid online or by telegraphic transfer. This expense is non-refundable. Here is the official payment website,https://meeting.yizhifubj.com.cn/web/main.action?meetingId=178.
V. Other Tips
1. Scholarship recipients must complete the registration procedures according to the schedule time stipulated by the school. Scholarship will not be reserved and the enrolling qualification will be canceled if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
2. Applicants should join the CSC annual review organized by the school as required. The scholarship for those who fail the review will be suspended or canceled.
3. Scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after arriving in China.
VI. Contact Details
International Admissions Office, Beijing Language and Culture University.
Room 102, Comprehensive building Building, Beijing Language and Culture University.
15 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China. Postal code: 100083
Tel: 86-10- 82303951/82303088/82303086