2016 Chinese Government Scholarship-BLCU Program
Students can start to apply for master and doctoral program under Chinese Government Scholarship of academic year 2016-2017 according to the notice of the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges of Chinese Ministry of Education. The specific application procedures are as follows:
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China.
2. Applicants must not be a registered student in China or an employee in China at the time of application
3. Applicants should apply for master or doctoral programs that are not related to their mother tongues.
4. Applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 40 and pass HSK 5 with 180 points or higher when applying for master’s programs. (HSK score is not needed for English taught major International Economy and Trade.)
5. Applicants must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 45 and pass HSK 6 with 180 points or higher when applying for doctoral programs.
6. Applications will be regarded as invalid if applicants apply to several Chinese universities or scholarship programs.
B. Application Procedure
1. Applicants who meet the above-mentioned application conditions should complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn). BLCU’s agency number is 10032.
2. Applicants could print out the Chinese Government Scholarship application form after completing it online, and send the hard copy to Admission office for foreign students of BLCU before 11th April, 2016, together with all other application documents required.
3. Applicants can check their application progress and admission results on (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn) through their individual accounts.
C. Application Documents
1. Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship (complete online and print out)
2. BLCU’s Postgraduate application form for overseas students (can be downloaded on http://admission.blcu.edu.cn/files.aspx)
3. Notarized highest diploma copy. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school.
4. Original academic transcripts of applicant’s highest diploma.
5. HSK certificate copy.
6. Applicant’s valid ordinary passport copy
7. A photocopy of the ID of the applicant’s emergency contact.
8. Two Letters of Recommendation from experts in the applied field of study (should have professional rank of at least Associate Professor or equivalent).
9. Academic Study Plan (including personal CV, Chinese proficiency level, education experience, past research results, research plans, career goals, etc.) , at least 800 Chinese characters for master program and 1500 Chinese characters for doctoral program.
10. Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood Test Report. Applicants should bring the original copy with them when they come to China.
D. Application Deadline
Full application documents should be sent to Admission office for foreign students before 11th April, 2016.
E. Applicants in China
Overseas students in China can’t apply to BLCU directly for Chinese Government Scholarship at the moment. Application procedure for overseas students in China can be checked on http://www.csc.edu.cn or the applicants can contact with the Chinese embassy or consulate in their countries.
F. Contact Us
No. 15 Xue Yuan Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing, China
Admission office for foreign students of Beijing Language and Culture University
Tel: 86-10-82303951 / 82303086 / 82303088