1. Program Name(Program Code): Painting (130402)
2. Department:College of Art
3. Duration: 4 yrs
4. Aim and Scale:
The major aims to cultivate talents who have solid, comprehensive and systematic basic skills in painting and calligraphy and basic theoretical knowledge of Chinese art, who are more proficient in various forms of expression and expressive language of Chinese painting, and who have the ability to create independently. To help students to become rich in Chinese cultural literacy and open international vision, based on tradition, aspire to inherit, spread and promote Chinese culture and art. Engage in related art professional work, adapt to Chinese and foreign art exchanges, adapt to the work of Chinese art education, art institutions and related professional directions at home and abroad, and adapt to the needs of modern society specialized, international composite talents.
5. Program Structure:
(1) Total credits for graduation: 174 credits;Among them, 30 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 24 credits are compulsory foreign language courses; 84 are professional compulsory courses; 11 are professional elective courses; 13 credits are profession practice.
(2) Total class hours: 3152 class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127 weeks;
(4) Graduation Work: 4 credits;9 weeks
(5) Graduation Thesis: 2 credits; 9 weeks.
(6) Graduation thesis and work schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6. Requirements for graduation:
Students who have been formally admitted to the universityand have obtained corresponding credits, completed professional practice, and on schedule to attend the graduation thesis or other form of graduation works, tested and approved by the department on comprehensive appraisal to the students in our school graduation requirements, are allowed to graduate.