Chinese Language and Literature
1．Program Name(Program Code): ChineseLanguageandLiterature(050102)
2．Department: Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
3．Duration: 4 yrs
4．Aim and Scale:
(1) Overall training objectives
The major of Chinese language and literature aims at cultivating general specialized talents who master comprehensive, systematic and solid knowledge of Chinese language, literature and culture, have humanistic education and theoretical accomplishment, and are competent for teaching or doing internationalaffairsworks.
(2) Specific training objectives
① Master the professional knowledge of Chinese language and literature and Chinese culture systematically;
② Good writing and oral communication skills in Chinese;
③ Proficient in English, familiar with China's foreign affairs and diplomatic policies;
④ Have the ability to acquire knowledge and deal with affairs independently, including mastering modern office technology;
⑤ Professional dedication, cooperation concept and innovation consciousness.
(1) Course credits: 157credits. Among them, 35credits are compulsory public courses , 12 credits are general courses, 24credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 55credits areprofessional compulsory courses, 30credits are professional elective courses;
(2) Total class hours: 2763class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6．Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic aspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or more scores, and obtain the total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Participate in professional practice and social practice, and obtain authentication and certificationof practices;
(4) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.