Translation (Chinese-French Translation)
1．Program Name(Program Code): Translation (Chinese-French Translation)(050257)
2．Department: Faculty of Foreign Languages
3．Duration: 4 yrs
4．Aim and Scale:
(1) Training objectives
Can use Chinese-French as working languages; has strong ability of translation and logical thinking ability, relatively broad knowledge, high quality of cross-cultural communication and good professional ethics; understand social culture at home and abroad;be familiar with the basic theoryof translation; master the translation skills; proficient in use translation tools; understand the process of language service industry operation; and have strong ability of independent thinking ability and communication skill. Graduates are qualified for translation, interpretation or other intercultural communication work in the fields of culture, foreign affairs, economy and trade, education, etc.
(2) Cultivation specifications
Graduates should have a solid foundation in Chinese and foreign languages, have a deep understanding of the society, history and culture of China and the foreign language countries, and have high listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation skills as well as a high level of Chinese and Western cultural literacy. At the same time, they should systematically master a second foreign language and have the primary ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing in the second foreign language.
(1)Course credits: 158 credits; Among them, 35 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 12 credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 86 credits are professional compulsory courses, and 14 credits are professional elective courses;
(2)Total class hours：2696 class hours;
(3)Total weeks：127 weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6．Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aestheticaspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtainthe total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.