1．Program Name(Program Code):Italian Language(050238)
2．Department:Faculty of Foreign Languages
4．Aim and Scale:
(1) Training objectives
To cultivate students with good comprehensive quality, solid basic skills of Italianlanguage, master relevant professional knowledge and ability, and have the comprehensive communication ability of listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation in Italian skillfully;
To cultivate Italian language professionals and compound foreign language talents who are suitable for China's foreign exchange, national and local economic and social development, all kinds of foreign enterprises, education and academic research.
(2) Cultivation specifications
Students should master the knowledge of Italian language and literature, national and regional knowledge, and be familiar with the knowledge of Chinese language and culture, so as to form a cross-cultural and interdisciplinary knowledge structure and reflect professional characteristics. Students should have the ability to use Italian language, literature appreciation ability, cross-cultural ability, critical thinking ability, as well as certain research ability, innovation ability, information technology application ability, independent learning ability and practical ability.
(1) Course credits: 158 credits; Among them, 38 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 16 credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 64 credits are professional compulsory courses, and 28-34 credits are professional elective courses;
(2) Total class hours: 2750 class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127 weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6．Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aestheticaspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtainthe total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.