1. Program Name(Program Code): German Language(050203)
2. Department: Faculty of Foreign Languages
3. Duration: 4 yrs
4. Aim and Scale:
(1) Training objectives
German major aims to traintalents with solid German language foundation and other relevant knowledge, can be engaged in translation, teaching, management, public relations, editing,etc. in foreign affairs, trade, culture, education, scientific research, tourism, press and publication and book management department; orcompound German language talentswho can further study in areas such as education, scientific research, cultural management, business, etc.
(2) Cultivation specifications
l Have a solid knowledge of German language and proficient in listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation skills;
l Basic knowledge of literature, linguistics, history, economy and social culture;
l Deep understanding of the national conditions of German-speaking countries and European culture, with cross-cultural communication skills;
l Master basic scientific working methods and have preliminary scientific research and practical working ability;
l Good command of English and computer application;
l Good command of Chinese language and Chinese culture.
5. Program Structure:
(1) Course credits: 162 credits. Among them, 38 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 16 credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 79 credits are professional compulsory courses, and 17 credits are professional elective courses;
(2) Total class hours: 2816 class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127 weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6. Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aestheticaspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtainthe total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.