<click to Details of Curriculum>
1．Program Name(Program Code): Japanese(050207)
2．Department: Faculty of Foreign Languages
3．Duration: 4 yrs
4．Aim and Scale:
(1) Teaching objectives
* Cultivate compound talents with Japanese language skills, broad vision and adaptability.
* Proficient in Japanese listening, speaking, reading, writing and translating.
* Have a solid basic knowledge of Japanese language, literature and culture.
* Have a good humanistic quality and collaboration, the spirit of innovation.
* Have a high level of English listening, speaking, reading, writing, translation and humanistic knowledge.
* After graduation, students can be qualified for foreign trade, foreign affairs, management, secretarial work, education, tourism, journalism, etc., and can also go to famous universities at home and abroad for further study.
(2) Cultivation specifications
* Lay a solid foundation in Japanese and English listening, speaking, reading, writing and translating abilities, and have certain cross-cultural communication abilities.
* Students are required to have basic knowledge of Japanese linguistics theory, Japanese literature and culture, understand the European and American literature and culture, have a certain awareness of exploring problems and research ability and the ability of independent thinking and problem solving.
* Have interpreting and translation skills.
* Have a solid ability of translating and interpreting Japanese and Chinese;
* Have certain ability of consecutive interpretation and simultaneous interpretation.
* Have the ability of English-Chinese, Chinese-English translation.
* Basic computer skills.
(1) Course credits: 164credits. Among them, 38credits are compulsory public courses, 12credits are general courses, 16credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 90credits are professional compulsory courses, and 8credits are professional elective courses;
(2) Total class hours: 2846class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis：6weeks, 4credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6．Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aestheticaspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtainthe total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.