<click to Details of Curriculum>
Program Name(Program Code): French(050204)
Department: Faculty of Foreign Languages
Duration: 4 yrs
Aim and Scale:
(1) Training objectives
Have solid French language foundation and professional application ability; have extensive cultural knowledge reserves; have strong cultural understanding and tolerance; be able to work in foreign affairs communication, economic and trade business, enterprise economic and cultural exchanges, digital media, education, scientific research, publications, tourism exhibition, news broadcast, entertainment and other departments to provide service including public relations, translation service, French teaching and business management, cultural management, business management, tour guide and French newspaper reporters.
(2) Cultivation specifications
Graduates majoring in French should have a solid basic knowledge of French and interdisciplinary and cross-cultural communication knowledge composed of French literature, French linguistics and social life in French-speaking countries. Proficient in listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation and capable of using professional French for cultural communication.
French major graduates should also have a good ability to express in Chinese language; have a wide range of cultural knowledge of Chinese history, geography, culture, literature, folk customs, politics, economy, social life and other aspects; After graduation, he can be engaged in basic teaching of Chinese as a second language, translation between French and Chinese, and cultural export and communication to foreign countries. English language ability is required to reach CET-4, CET-6 or above, which means they can have a strong ability to translate between Chinese, English and French in practical work; Besides, students should have a good command of computer application and understand the basic principles and technical applications of artificial intelligence.
(1) Course credits: 165 credits. Among them, 37 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 16 credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 74 credits are professional compulsory courses, 18 credits are professional elective courses and 4 credits are graduation thesis.
(2) Total class hours: 2716 class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127 weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5)Graduation thesis schedule:from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic aspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtain the total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.