<click to Details of Curriculum>
1．Program Name(Program Code): English(050201)
2．Department: Faculty of Foreign Languages
3．Duration: 4 yrs
4．Aim and Scale:
(1) Teaching objective
Students should have a solid foundation of English language skills and be proficient in listening, speaking, reading, writing and translating. Understand and master the basic knowledge of English language ontology; have a certain ability of reading and analyzing English literary original works of various genres; systematically understanding of major English-speaking countries of society, history and culture; grasp the English-Chinese translation and basic theory, methods and techniques of translation; know one or two second foreign language; based on personal interests and career intention, master professional knowledge and research methods of financial, trade, international relations, international news, the basis of the Chinese language literature.
(2) Cultivation specifications
*Have a solid English language foundation and proficient in listening, speaking, reading, writing and translating.
*Master the basic knowledge of English language and literary theory, and have the ability to appreciate the original English texts of various genres;
*Familiar with China's national conditions and the history and current situation of major English-speaking countries, and capable of professional development in the fields of English literature, linguistics, culture, history, national and regional development;
*Master the basic theories and methods of English learning:
Have the practical communication ability of the second foreign language;
*Master the basic methods of literature retrieval and data inquiry, and have certain scientific research and practical working ability;
*With extensive basic knowledge of humanities and science and technology, and good intercultural communication and communication skills, I am able to use language skills and basic knowledge to explore and develop in various fields.
(1) Course credits: 165 credits; Among them, 37 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 12 credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 83 credits professional compulsory courses, 18 credits are professional elective courses and 4 credits are graduation thesis;
(2) Total class hours: 2554 class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 128 weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6．Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic aspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtain the total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.