1. Program Name(Program Code):Russian (050202)
2. Department: Faculty of Foreign Languages
3. Duration: 4 yrs
4. Aim and Scale:
(1) Training objectives
This major cultivates compound specialized Russian talents with solid foundation of Russian language and relevant knowledge of Russian politics, economy, society and culture, who can engage in foreign affairs, economy and trade, translation, culture, education, scientific research, tourism and other work.
(2) Cultivation specifications
Students of this major mainly learn the basic knowledge of Russian language, literature, history, social culture, countries and regions, master good training of Russian listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation, master the basic scientific research methods, and have strong professional quality and working ability for translation, teaching, research and management work.
Graduates should have the following knowledge and ability:
① Have solid knowledge of Russian language and proficient in listening, speaking, reading, writing and translating;
② Basic knowledge of linguistics, literature, history, economy and social culture;
③ Understand the society and culture of Russian-speaking countries and be able to engage in relevant research;
④ Understand China’s national conditions, and have good Chinese expression skills and basic research skills;
⑤ Good command of English and computer skills;
⑥ Master basic scientific working methods and have preliminary scientific research and practical working ability.
(1) Course credits: 162credits; Among them, 37credits are compulsory public courses, 12credits are general courses, 16credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 78credits are professional compulsory coursesand 18credits are professional elective courses.
(2) Total class hours: 2686class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7weeks, 4credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6．Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aestheticaspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtainthe total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Passthe National Testfor Russian Majors Band 4;
(4) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.