Application Guide for “Chinese Government Scholarship- High Level Postgraduate Program ”of Beijing Language and Culture University in 2023
I. Application Eligibility
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 years old when applying for the master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 years old when applying for the doctoral programs.
3. Other kinds of Chinese Government Scholarships are not obtained at the same time.
II. Scholarship Coverage and Standards
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and stipend (3,000 RMB/month for master's degree and 3,500 RMB/month for doctoral degree).
III. Application Procedure
1. Log in “CGS Information Management System for International Students” (after entering into http://www.campuschina.org, click “Application Online”), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, print a hard copy, and upload all the application documents. (Study Abroad Program category: B, Agency Number of Beijing Language and Culture University is 10032).
2. Log in the Online Application System for International Students of BLCU, and submit online application at https://apply.blcu.edu.cn , and then upload all the application documents and the completed electronic version of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
3. All the application documents should be submitted online by March 1, 2023. Applications will not be considered after the deadline.
4. After receiving all the application documents, BLCU will review each applicant’s documents in detail and organize a telephone or remote interview for those applicants who pass the verification of the first round. Please make sure that the phone number on the application form works and the email address is correct.
5. Applicants who pass the verification of the application for admission will be selected as candidates for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program and be nominated to China Scholarship Council for the final evaluation.
6. Please check the final evaluation results through personal account on the official website of China Scholarship Council or BLCU. It will take a long time to review all the application documents. Please be patient.
7. Applicants who pass the verification of the application for admission of BLCU but are not qualified for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program can directly pursue self-financed study in BLCU or apply for the Beijing International Students scholarship.
IV. Online Application Documents
Note: Incomplete application documents will not be processed and BLCU has the right to require applicants to provide any other supplementary materials.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese orEnglish), please follow step 1 in Application Procedure to download the form and upload according to step 2 in Application Procedure;
2. Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting theapplication;
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English;
5. For applicant's Chinese and other languages proficiency, and other requirements please go on
Please note that reports of HSK, IELTS, TOEFL, etc. expire in 2 years.
6. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall containmore than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor;
7. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted.These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad;
8. Doctorate applications require supervisor’s pre-admission letter. (Please see attachment: BLCU doctoral supervisor’s pre-admission letter template);
9. Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in otherways;
10. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
11. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority.The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital,or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result isvalid for only 6months.
12. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
13. A copy of the receipt of the application fee. The registration fee is 800 RMB, which can be paid online or by telegraphic transfer. This expense is non-refundable.
Online payment website:
Remittance Account Information:
Account 1: (multi currency acceptable)
ACCOUNT WITH BANK: HUA XIA BANK，BEIJING BRANCH
SWIFT BIC: HXBKCNBJ030
A/C NO: 4066200001819400000429
NAME: BEIJING LANGUAGE AND CULTURE UNIVERSITY
ADDRESS: 15TH XUEYUAN ROAD,HAIDIAN DISTRICT，BEIJING,CHINA
Account 2: (RMB only)
ACCOUNT NAME: Beijing Language and Culture University(北京语言大学)
A/C NO: 0200006209089106391
BANK OF DEPOSIT: ICBC Beijing Donsheng Road Subbranch
Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
V. Other Tips
1. Scholarship holders must complete the registration according to the schedule specified by the school. Scholarship will not be retained for those who fail to register for no reason before the deadline and they will be disqualified for admission.
3. In principle, the scholarship holders shall not change the major and duration of study.
4. Scholarship holders are not allowed to receive other scholarships (excluding one-time awards) provided by governments at all levels and admission colleges in China at the same time. Once found, they will be disqualified and return Chinese government scholarship. For those who deliberately conceal the funding fact, they are not allowed to apply for Chinese government scholarships within 3 years, except for disqualification.
VI. Contact Details
Address: Room 102, Comprehensive Building, International Admissions Office, Beijing Language and Culture University, 15 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China.
Postal code: 100083
Tel: 86-10-82303951/ 82303088/ 82303086
2023 BLCU Master’s Major Catalog:附件1 2023北语中奖硕士招生专业目录.doc
2023 BLCU Doctoral Major Catalog:附件2 2023北语中奖博士招生专业目录.doc
BLCU doctoral supervisor’s pre-admission letter template:附件3 北语博士生导师预接收函模板.docx
Foreigner Physical Examination Form template:附件4. 《外国人体格检查表》模板.pdf
Chinese Government Scholarship Information System guidelines (Chinese/ English):附件5. 中国政府奖学金来华留学管理信息系统操作流程(1).pdf