Support foreign students to pursue full-time Ph.D. degrees in the humanities and social sciences at Chinese universities. Normally from three to four years.
• Non-Chinese citizen;
• HSK test score level 5 is required, and priority is given to applicants with higher level of proficiency in Chinese under same conditions;
• Priority is given to students studying at Confucius Institutes (CI) or from CI host universities;
• Applicants who are currently participating in Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply for this Plan.
3. Application materials
• Recognized transcripts of undergraduate and graduate studies, diplomas and copies of all the documents above in Chinese;
• HSK transcript;
• Abstract of master’s thesis and other academic publications;
• A doctoral research statement;
• Two letters of recommendation from scholars in related field;
• Priority is given to applicants who obtain a letter of recommendation from Confucius Institutes.
4. How to apply
Applicants shall fill in the application form, sign it before scanning it and sending it to email@example.com, and then post the application forms and other supporting documents required (both Chinese and English versions) in one packet to the Confucius Institute Headquarters.
5. Assessment Process
Applicants will have a correspondence review from the expert panel of the Confucius China Studies Program, followed by an interview.
• Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year;
• Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year (to be reimbursed against actual cost);
• One round-trip international airfare (economy class, to be reimbursed against actual cost) per year;
• Tuition fees;
• Other support provided by the host Chinese university;
• Expenses for life and medical insurances in China;
• Group activities and cultural experience.
• Correspondence review by experts in February;
• Interview within 1 month after correspondence review;
• Announcement of final results within 1 month after interview;
• Enrolment in September every year.