Journalism and Communication
1. Program Name（Program Code): Journalism and Communication（050301）
2. Department: Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
3.Duration: 4 yrs
4.Aim and Scale:
This program aims at cultivating compound communication talents with solid humanistic foundation, deep social concern, broad international vision and good international cultural communication literacy, familiar with communication laws and practical skills, familiar with China's media policies and regulations, and full of pioneering and innovative spirit.
(I) Course credits: 152 credits;Among them, 35 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 34 credits are compulsory foreign language courses; 40 are professional compulsory courses, 32 credits are professional elective courses;
(2) Total class hours: 2400 class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127 weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
(6) Requirements for Elective Courses for Undergraduates of School of Journalism and Communication
*The undergraduate students of the School of Journalism and Communication need to take professional (cross-major) elective courses with a score of 32 points.The specialty construction of the school is characterized by cross-cultural communication and international communication research and practice. The undergraduate curriculum system is planned around this specialty characteristic construction.
*Students should arrange and combine professional elective modules independently according to the requirements of this training plan and under the guidance of teachers in the college.
*The elective courses of Journalism and Communication major are integrated within the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences to realize the integrated education of Journalism and Communication major courses and other humanities and social sciences disciplines. Students can choose cross-major courses according to their academic interests and knowledge needs under the guidance of teachers.
6.Requirements for graduation:
Students who have been formally admitted to the universityand have obtained corresponding credits, completed professional practice, and on schedule to attend the graduation thesis or other form of graduation works, tested and approved by the department on comprehensive appraisal to the students in our school graduation requirements, are allowed to graduate.
The requirements for course credits and extracurricular practice credits for graduation are as follows:
(1) Course credits: 152 credits.Including: 34 credits of public compulsory course, 12 credits of public elective course, 34 credits of foreign language compulsory course, 40 credits of professional compulsory course and 32 credits of professional elective courses.
(2) Credits of extracurricular practice: 9 credits.Among them: 1 credit of military training, 4 credits of professional practice and 4 credits of graduation thesis