Spanish Language and Culture
<click to Details of Curriculum>
1. Program Name(Program Code):Spanish Language and Culture(050205)
2. Department: Faculty of Foreign Languages
3. Duration: 4 yrs
4. Aim and Scale:
(1) Training objectives
This major cultivates interdisciplinary talents with integrity, ability and a broad international vision. Be proficient in Spanish and have the comprehensive ability of Spanish translation and management in foreign affairs, economy and trade, culture, press and publication, education, public security, tourism and other departments; Some students should have the scientific literacy to pursue further studies in educational and research institutions.
(2) Cultivation specifications
Through systematic study of Spanish language and Spanish countries' literature, culture, history, politics, economy and other knowledge, students should be proficient in the basic skills of Spanish language, with comprehensive language use ability in listening, speaking, reading, writing, translation and other aspects; Master Spanish language knowledge, Spanish literature knowledge, national and regional knowledge, familiar with Chinese language and culture, form an interdisciplinary knowledge structure, have the ability of cross-cultural communication and independent learning, and become compound foreign language talentswho are popular in the society and market.
5. Program Structure:
(1) Course credits: 172 credits, Among them, 35 credits are compulsory public courses, 12 credits are general courses, 16 credits are compulsory foreign language courses, 93 credits are professional compulsory courses, and 10credits are professional elective courses.
(2) Total class hours: 2748 class hours;
(3) Total weeks of teaching: 127 weeks;
(4) Graduation thesis: 7 weeks, 4 credits;
(5) Graduation thesis schedule: from the end of semester 7 to the end of May of semester 8.
6. Requirements for graduation:
Any student with official school status shall, within the prescribed length of schooling,
(1) Abide by the school discipline and pass the standards in moral, intellectual, physical and aestheticaspects;
(2) Complete the courses stipulated in the teaching plan, obtain qualified or above scores, and obtainthe total credits of the courses that meet the graduation requirements;
(3) Complete the graduation thesis, participate in and pass the defense of the graduation thesis. Graduation is granted after examination and verification by the teaching committee and degree committee of the school.