Current Language:English



Current Position:homepage  FAQS
  • 1Must the emergency contact be a Chinese?


    The emergency contact can be either a Chinese or a foreigner, e.g. the applicant's parents, relatives and friends. But students cannot be a contact person.


  • 2What do theNon-Chinese permanent mailing address,place of birthandName of current schoolrefer to respectively?


    Non-Chinese permanent mailing address: Your address out of the territory of China; please be as specific as possible.
      Place of birth: The name of the city where you were born.
      Name of current school, university, or employer: For students or those who have just graduated, please fill in the name of the school or university you are in or graduated from; for those who are working please fill in the name of the company you are working for.


  • 3How long does one application take?


    It will take about 3 weeks to process one application; if you are accepted, we will mail you the admission notice and visa application form (JW202) by post.


  • 4Are there student canteens on campus? How much will the meals cost?


    There are canteens providing Chinese food, western-style food, fast food and Islamic food on campus. You can apply for a meal-card with your student card.
      If you dine in the student canteens, the cost will be about 25-50 per day.


  • 5What optional courses do you offer?


    For long-term students' optional courses, please refer to the web page:
      Optional courses for short-term students (fees will be charged):
      1. Test Preparation: Comprehensive exercises for HSK.
      2. Exercises on Japanese-Chinese translation
      3. Spoken Chinese and Chinese idioms
      4. Standard Chinese pronunciation
      5. Chinese Writing
      6. Basic Chinese grammar
      7. Spoken business Chinese
      8. Read and write Chinese characters
      9. Sing Chinese songs
      10. Chinese calligraphy and painting
      11. Taijiquan
      12. Chinese culture
      The optional courses class will be in the afternoons or evenings, 2 hours every time and 1 or 2 times every week. Note: A course will not be able to be opened unless there are more than 10 applicants.
      And there are some other courses on Chinese language and culture that are open to to all the international students on campus.


  • 6What about extracurricular activities?


    1) extracurricular activities for short-term (one-semester or shorter) students:

      A. One free trip to one of the historic sites of Beijing and one free enjoyment of a play with Chinese characteristics.
      B. Trips to some tourist sites. The weekend-trip sites we currently operate for include Datong City, Chengde City, and Luoyang-Shaolin Temple. And the vacation-trip sites include Xi'an and Prairie of Inner Mongolia-desert. All at your own expense. Note: The trip will be cancelled if there are fewer than 10 applicants.
      C. Interesting activities such as Chinese Language Contest, Chinese Songs Kara OK Contest, Chinese Writing Contest, and Athletic Contest, etc.

    2) extracurricular activities for long-term (one-year or longer) students. Students will be organized for trips at the weekends to the Great Wall, Lugou Bridge and Tianjin City etc.


  • 7Can I apply for a study if I already have a work visa?


    No. All students shall study with study visa rather other types of visa.


  • 8When are the classes?


    Regular short-term (20 hrs per week): Monday through Friday, 8 to 12 A.M.
      Intensive short-term (30 hrs per week): Monday through Friday, 8 to 12 A.M. and 1 to 3 P.M.
      Note: The class hours of the long-term and degree students are dependent partly on the courses they choose.


  • 9How can I get to the university from the airport? Will the university provide pick-upservice?


    We strongly suggest that you take a taxi, for which the cost will be about 150 RMB. If you do need a pick-up, please fax or email us the relevant information at least 7 days in advance; and a service fee will be charged. Our fax number: 86-10-82303087


  • 10How to pay the tuition fee?


    There are 4 payment methods:
      (1) Cash: RMB. Pay by cash when you arrive
      (2) Credit cards: International Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB Card and Diners; a 2.5% to 4% service fee will be charged
      (3) bank transfer: students can bank-transfer the tuition fee to the bank account of BLCU (c.f. the Application Form), and present the original copy of the payment receipt upon registration; if the transfer has not been settled upon registration, the student will not be registered.


  • 11How many students in one class?


    Normally 18 to 20.


  • 12When to register?


    There will be accurate information on the Admission Notice for you. Generally, short-term (one semester or shorter) students: 1 to 3 days before the courses start; long-term (one year or longer) students: 1 to 5 days before the courses start.


  • 13Can I live off campus?


    Yes, are free to live in a hotel or a local resident's. If you choose to live in a private apartment you should go through, along with the house owner, the housing register procedures at the local police station within 24 hours after your entry into China. If you live in a hotel , please present the hotel accommodation confirmation note when you register.


  • 14Is there Internet access in the dorms?


    Yes, and the rate will be from 100 to 200 RMB per month.


  • 15What is the application procedure for those who are studying in other Chinese universities than BLCU?


    Besides all the documents required, listed on the Application Form, you should also provide the following documents:
      1. A sealed transfer letter from the Foreign Students' Office of the university;
      2. A recommendation letter from the class teacher of the university concerned;
      3. A photocopy of the student's visa or residence permit in China.


  • 16How much should I pay for the insurance?


    With regard to the rules of the People's Republic of China, students that study for one semester or longer term in China should purchase Chinese Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance, which is 400 RMB for one semester or 800 RMB for a year. International students are supposed to pay it in full amount along with the tuition. Those who refuse to buy the insurance cannot register.


  • 17Will it be possible for me to get my application fee and documents back?


    The application fee cannot be refunded, and the documents will not be retrievable.


  • 18How can I pay for the application fee?

  • Application fee: 800 RMB for a degree program and 600 RMB for a non-degree program.

Payment methods:

A. All application fees can be paid on-line at

B. Payment abroad can also be made by telegraphic transfer (T/T)(foreign cash or checks are not acceptable).

 T/T address:



A/C NO4066200001819400000429



C. In China,application fee can be paid by cash(RMB only) to BLCU International Admissions Department, or by telegraphic transfer to:

北京语言大学   Account Number: 0200006209089106391   中国工商银行北京东升路支行